10 LINES ON RAJEEV GANDHIRajeev Gandhi or “Rajiv Ratan Gandhi” was the politician of Congress party and 6th prime minister of India from 1984 to 1989 after the death of former Prime Minister Smt. Indira Gandhi.
He was the youngest prime minister who took charge of office at the age of 40. He was the member of “Nehru-Gandhi family” which was associated with congress party for so long. His maternal grandfather “Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru” was the first prime minister of IndiaBefore entering into main politics, he was a professional pilot in “Indian Airlines”. He married “Sonia Gandhi” in 1968.
He is also known as father of modern-day economy, science and technology who brought telephones and computers in India and made them available to the common masses.10 Lines on Rajeev Gandhi in EnglishBelow we are giving a set of ten lines on Rajiv Gandhi in English by which you will be able to understand about your leader. You can mention these lines in your essay and paragraph writing competition on the occasion of “Sadbhawna Divas” on 20th august i.e. on the birth anniversary of Shri Rajeev Gandhi.
10 Lines on Rajeev Gandhi – 11) Rajeev Gandhi was the elder son of former Prime Minister Smt. Indira Gandhi and grandson of first prime minister of India Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru.2) Before joining mainstream politics, he was a professional pilot in “Indian Airlines”.3) He was born in “Mumbai” in 20th august 1944.4) He formally entered in mainstream politics by joining as a member of congress party in the year 1981.
5) He contested his maiden election as a Lok Sabha candidate from “Amethi” constituency and won with the difference of 2,37,000 votes.6) In December 1981 he was made in- charge of “National Youth Congress”.7) After the sad demise of Prime Minister Smt. Indira Gandhi, he succeeded her as the next prime minster of India in 31st October 1984.
8) He holds the record of becoming the youngest Prime Minister of India at the age of 40.9) He was assassinated on 21st may, 1991 at “Sriperumbudur” district near Chennai while campaigning there for Lok Sabha elections.10) The place where Rajeev Gandhi was cremated is known as “Veer- Bhumi” in New Delhi.Below we giving an additional set off 10 lines on Rajeev Gandhi in English so that by going through these lines you will know about Rajeev Gandhi and his contributions to India. You can also add these lines in your speeches and extempore on various occasions such as “anti-terrorism day”, the death anniversary of Shri Rajeev Gandhi on 21st May. 10 Lines on Rajeev Gandhi – 2 1) Rajeev Gandhi was born to Smt. Indira Gandhi and Shri Feroze Gandhi at Mumbai on 20th august 1944.2) He was the elder son in his family with his younger brother Sanjay Gandhi.
3) He did his schooling from “Welham boy’s school” and “Doon school” in 1954 and later went to London in “Trinity college” and “Imperial college”.4) In the year 1991 he received the highest prestigious award of India “Baharat Ratna” posthumously. 5) He, at the age of 40 years took the chair as prime minister which is record of becoming youngest ever prime minister of India.6) He started an attempt to liberalise country’s economy, by providing incentives to private firms for establishing industrial units in India.7) He gave stress on science and technology, engineering by reducing taxes on industries based on computers, research and development, manufacturing etc.8) In 1986 he announced opening of “Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya” in order to impart modern education to children of India.
9) He created “Mahanagar Telecom Nigam Limited” (MTNL) in 1986 along with “Public Call Offices” (PCO) for public telephony in India.10) He has two children, “Priyanka Gandhi”, and “Rahul Gandhi”, who is president of Congress party. Rajeev Gandhi was an eminent leader whom India will never forget. He was the true son of the soil who gave a new direction to India’s growth and development. Due to his efforts, science and technology education, research and development took place in large scale.
His birth anniversary on 20th August is celebrated as “Sadbhawna Divas” and his death anniversary on 21st May is observed as “Anti- Terrorism Day”.10 LINES ON INDIRA GANDHIIndira Gandhi or “Indira Priyadarshini Gandhi” was the former Prime Minster of India. She was the first female Prime Minister of India. She was the second longest serving prime minister from 1966 to 1977 and again from 1980 to 1984 after Pt. Nehru. She was the daughter of first Prime Minister of India “Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru”.
She took the chair as prime minister after the death of “Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri”. Before coming into mainstream politics, she was serving her father as her personal assistant and host. Thereafter she joined congress party and became the elected president in 1959. After the death of his father in 1964, she became member of “Rajya- Sabha” and a cabinet minister in Shastri’s cabinet.10 Lines on Indira Gandhi in EnglishWe are giving 10 lines on Indira Gandhi in English. By reading these lines you will be able to know about this great leader of India. You can use these lines in your essay and paragraph writing competition, organised on the occasion of “national integration day” on 19th November, celebrated as birth anniversary of Smt. Indira Gandhi.
10 lines in Indira Gandhi – 1 1) Indira Gandhi was the daughter of “Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru” and “Kamala Nehru”. Both father and mother were freedom fighters. 2) Before coming into politics she was the personal assistant and host to her father.
3) She was born as Indira Nehru on 19th November 1917 at Allahabad.4) She formally joined congress party and after that became party president in 1959.5) She won from “Rae Bareli” Lok Sabha seat and became prime minister in 1967 with tenure of 11 years.
6) In 1971 she started “Garibi Hatao” or eradicate poverty, launching anti- poverty programs for rural as swell as urban poor.7) She also served as a member of “Rajya Sabha” and became cabinet minister in Lal Bahadur Shastri’s government.8) She was married to Feroz Gandhi, who belonged to Zoroastrian Parsi family hailed from Gujarat. 9) She made the country capable of having nuclear weapons. Under her regime operation “smiling buddha” was launched to carry nuclear tests.10) One of the leaders in opposition at that time “Atal Bihari Vajpayee” called Indira Gandhi as “Goddess Durga”. We are providing another set of 10 lines on Indira Gandhi.
This will proved to be useful to understand about her contributions to India. Further you can mention these lines in your speeches and presentations in various seminars based on Indira Gandhi.10 Lines on Indira Gandhi – 21) Indira Gandhi was born on 19th November 1917, at Allahabad. 2) Her father Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru was the first prime minister of India.
3) She was the first member of “Nehru- Gandhi” family who was involved in the struggle of freedom of India. 4) At that when most of the banks were in the hands of private people, in 1969 she nationalised 14 major banks for public operations.5) She did nationalisation to coal, steel, copper, oil refineries, insurance industries etc for public purpose and safety of their employment.6) She created “Haryana” and “Himachal Pradesh” on language basis from erstwhile Punjab and “Mizoram, “Meghalaya” and “Tripura” in north-east.7) The place where Indira Gandhi is cremated is known as “Shakti- Sthal” in New Delhi.8) Credit goes to Indira Gandhi in” Bangladesh liberation war” where by sending “Muktibahini” she defeated Pakistan and created a country called “Bangladesh”.
9) She was assassinated by her bodyguards in the garden of her house on 31st October 1984.10) She received highest honour called “Bharat Ratna” in 1971, “Bangladesh Freedom Honour” award in 2011 which she got posthumously. Indira Gandhi was not only the prime minister of India but also an iron lady who made country powerful and important in the world arena. She has two children, “Rajeev” and “Sanjay”. Rajeev became prime minister after her death. She also have grandchildren “Rahul” and “Priyanka”.
Where Rahul is the president of congress party and Priyanka is married to renowned businessman “Robert Vadera”