The diverse species of animals, plants and microbes that exists and their variety of genes
within their species, and various ecosystems in the world they live in, such as pounds,
river, deserts forests, and oceans are all part of a biologically diverse earth or all are
collectively comprise of biodiversity.
• ADAVNTAGES TO MAINTAIN BIODIVERSITY:
However there are many advantages we can take by protecting biodiversity but some
significant are as follows;
1. Nutrition Security: Many plant and animal species give us food i.e. from various crops
such as rice, cereals, pulses etc. and from animals like meat, eggs; thus providing
nutrition security to humans.
2. Pharmaceutical Drugs: Numerous plants have medicinal value, they having
antibacterial, antiviral and antiprotozoal and also anti-nematodal abilities which we
can be used as drugs to treating verity of infections.
3. Productive Value: Diversity in animal species have productive value. E.g. we get lather
and many daily products such as milk, yogurt, butter & cheese.
4. Industrial Fibers: They help us to get various form of wood, gums and rubber from
different stems of plant species and oil from different flowers such as sunflower oil and
5. Biochemical Cycles: Biological Diversity help in running biochemical cycles as it
impacts many functions such as nitrification and de-nitrification, nitrogen fixation etc.
6. Cloth: Different species help us in providing different types of fabric for example; we
get cotton from plants, and from animal we get silk worm silk, wool, etc. which provides
not only cloth to wear but also lead textile industries to run and export their goods.
7. Protection from Natural Disasters: Healthy system have offer strong resistance or
opposition and recover from a natural disasters more easily as compare to less
8. Cultural Services: High bio-diverse area facilities knowledge systems, education, and
researchers to work there. It’s also provides Spiritual values such as Holy Basil plant
9. Economic Benefit: Their resource are source of stock that can be exploited and turned
to profit which gives economic benefit to that particular country.
10.Protecting Destabilize Ecosystems: They also provide vital services such as water
filtration waste assimilation by plants, pollination and distribution of seeds by insects
11. Tourism: They also has aesthetic values i.e. Colorful plants, beautiful natural scenery,
variety of organism and diverse ecosystem attracts tourist to visit which helps in
earning money so increases country development.
12.Healthy Environment: if plants are present in high quantity in particular area it supports
in production of atmospheric oxygen and absorb CO2 from air, lead in lowering the
rate of air pollution helps to form healthy environment.
There are many advantages we can take by maintaining biodiversity. We can concluded as
“All the state of human wellbeing depend on strong ecosystems and healthy biodiversity”