Plastic can exponentially reduce air and water

Plastic bags, paper bags, cardboard, and other materials we use in our daily life are considered cheap and convenient. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that they are great for our environment. As a matter of fact, the truth will shock you. Recycling is one of the most important actions we can take to preserve our planet. On a daily basis, more than 100 million Americans participate in recycling used and old materials in their households and offices. Come to think about it, that’s only 34.5 percent of our population that actually puts effort into saving our earth! Are you one of those people? Or are you like the other 65.5 percent of Americans, who give up a comfortable environment for a comfortable home? This goes to you, mom and dad. There is more waste being created on our planet than ever before. Let’s see what we can do to stop it.
For starters, let’s wrap our heads around these astonishingly scary numbers. Americans throw away around 2.5 million plastic bottles every hour. Isn’t that way too much for our earth to handle? Recycling can reduce the chances of trash being thrown into landfills and can exponentially reduce air and water pollution. Not only do landfills harm wild and human life, plastic bags are a huge issue as well. The total number of plastic bags used in the United States per year starts at 70 billion and can grow to more than even 100 billion! It takes around 12 million barrels of oil to make the plastic bags used in the U.S every year. That is 10 percent of the world’s annual oil supply! Much of the planet’s natural resources are being used for things that are maintained unnecessary. As you can see, plastic is a major controversy in our community, for people claim that it is essential in our daily lives. Let’s look into that…as an alternative to plastic bottles, use glass! Or reuse the same bottle. As for plastic bags, don’t throw them away! Either recycle them or use your very own cloth bag. As a family of four, we can take responsibility for our actions and right our wrongs.
Aluminum…another difficult topic to straighten out. Let’s get to it by making this very clear: aluminum is 100 percent recyclable! Mom, dad, next time we go grocery shopping, let’s look for some good old recycled aluminum. It costs half the price as regular aluminum, and it’s great for the environment!


I'm Casey!

Would you like to get a custom essay? How about receiving a customized one?

Check it out